Kitchen counter tops are one of the most used items in your kitchen remodeling project. Whether you are preparing the evening meal, storing appliances, or just enjoying that first cup of coffee in the morning, kitchen countertops serve many uses. Aside from multi-uses, kitchen countertops are an important aesthetic element of the kitchen. There are a plethora of styles, types, edges, and materials for countertops. Selecting the one that is right for you can prove to be a challenge.
At Carter Construction, our kitchen remodeling contractors can assist you with the right kitchen countertop for your project.
Types of Kitchen Countertops
- Laminate Countertops – Some good things about laminate countertops are you can install them yourself, they are inexpensive, they are low maintenance, and you can find them in all kinds of colors.
- Ceramic Tile Countertops – These countertops can also be easily installed and they come in lots of colors and patterns, they are heat resistant, and easy to clean.
- Stone Countertops – These countertops are very durable, look great, and the granite ones also clean up quite easily.
- Stainless Steel Countertops – Stains are not a problem and the counter can take high temperatures without damage.
- Butcher Block Countertops – They give your kitchen that warm feeling that only wood can give, your knives wont dull, and you can smooth out any scratches with sandpaper.
- Solid Surface Countertops – Lots of plus’s here, you can find a ton of patterns and colors and some styles look like granite or other stone choices, it is very durable, easy to clean, and with this type of countertop you can easily install custom integrated sinks.
Latest Articles on Kitchen Remodeling
- Backsplashes for Kitchen Remodeling
A backsplash is a covering placed over the wall behind a sink, a stove or cook top, or any other area of a kitchen where there is a potential for splashing of water or food on the wall. Backsplashes can be a simple piece of plastic attached to the wall to protect the paint or...Read More
- Avoid Kitchen Design Mistakes
Are you tired of working in your outdated kitchen? Do you feel that a remodeling project is needed to transform the interior design of this room? Do you feel the need for a fresher, more functional and more inviting kitchen space? If you answered yes to any of these, you should consider a kitchen-remodeling project...Read More